Updated March 27, 2020 – Share Facts, Not Fear
Spanish Cove continues to report no confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases. The Oklahoma State Department of Health is now reporting eleven (11) COVID-19 cases in Canadian County. In compliance with Governor Stitt’s “Safer at Home” Executive Order (2020-06), we are strongly discouraging Independent Living Residents from leaving the Spanish Cove Campus, as well as limiting visitors on the campus and continuing the closure of The Pavilion, The Plaza, The Fiesta Room and Indoor Pool. Please note anyone entering the Spanish Cove Campus will be screened and Spanish Cove is strongly discouraging all visitors at this time in order to keep residents safe.
- Mail Service: We have been notified by the Post Office that the mail carriers may refuse to be screened at the gate entering Spanish Cove and if so, this will cause a disruption in you receiving your mail. Please call the Yukon Post Office at (405) 350 – 1474 and let them know that you are concerned and you need to receive your mail. The screening process that Spanish Cove is conducting is for the health and safety of all residents and employees.
- Spanish Cove Care Packages: Eric Peters and his team will be delivering Spanish Cove Care Packages on Saturday, March 28th. Please make sure you bring your care package inside because some items will require refrigeration. If you do not want a care package, please contact Eric Peters at (405) 350 – 5110. Please note the next Spanish Cove Care Package will be delivered in 2 weeks from tomorrow on Saturday, April 11th.
- Tornado Policy: When there is a Tornado Warning in Canadian County, the northeast door of The Pavilion will be accessible with the code 1901*.
- Food and drinks are not provided in the basement.
- Bathrooms are available in the basement.
- Residents who have pets may bring their pets, but they will need to be on a leash and/or crated. Residents with pets will need to locate to the west end of the northeast basement.
- DONATIONS NEEDED AND APPRECIATED! If you have friends, family, your church or other organizations that would be interested in donating items to Spanish Cove, we would greatly welcome their donations. Many of you have friends and family who are asking how they can help Spanish Cove Residents. Like all healthcare environments, we are doing our best to keep all of our supplies available to protect residents and staff.
- YouTube Sunday Service with R.T.: On this Sunday, March 29th, R.T. Bolerjack will be sharing a sermon with you through YouTube to help you stay connected to your faith. Just go to the Cove YouTube channel and click on the live event. If you miss it, no problem, click on the playlist and watch all the sermons under “R.T. Sunday Service.”
- Sunday Chapel Services: Sunday Chapel Services are canceled. At this time, Residents are invited to call R.T. Bolerjack, Spanish Cove Resident Pastor, at (405) 823 – 7700. R.T. is available by telephone for encouragement and prayer requests. Also, please visit our website www.spanishcove.com to view a special prayerful message from R.T. Bolerjack that Kathleen Garrett filmed for The Cove Touring Club. It’s amazing how these videos from The Cove Touring Club are helping us during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Book Requests: Please check your breezeway bulletin board for a list of new books that you can borrow to read from Debbie Miller. If you have a book that you would like to read from this list or from the Spanish Cove Library, please contact Debbie Miller at (405) 350 – 5000 or (405) 642 – 5250 or email her at email@example.com . If you have books you would like to donate or share, please let her know.
- Maintenance: Please STOP flushing items that shouldn’t go down the toilet because it’s causing backups in the sewer system. Please remember: “no wipes in the pipes, and when in doubt, throw it out!” Things like wipes, rags, paper towels, napkins, tissues, hygiene products need to go in the trash. All wipes, including flushable wipes, need to go in the trash.
- Handmade Masks Needed: Velta Johnston, Spanish Cove Housing Authority Chair and Resident, and Jean Scott, Spanish Cove Resident, will be organizing the making of handmade surgical masks. The websites for sewing the handmade surgical masks can be found at: firstname.lastname@example.org and www.buttoncounter.com . If you have any questions, please contact either Velta at (405) 234 – 6665 or email email@example.com or Jean at (405) 593 – 2089 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all of their help organizing this much needed project as it is becoming more difficult to purchase masks. Thank you!
- It is getting more difficult to find elastic. If you have elastic of any size and any color, please put in the box marked “sewing goods” in the recycling area next to The Plaza
- No Recycling: At this time, the recycling area by The Plaza is temporarily closed. Please do not drop off any recycling items in the containers.
- Daily Updates: Daily updates about Spanish Cove Retirement Village’s Response to COVID-19 will be delivered every day as new information develops. There will be no updated letters delivered to you over the weekend, unless the current situation changes. If you have any questions that you would like answered or information that you would like included, please contact Jill Huff at (405) 354 – 5906 or email email@example.com. Please refer your family and friends to www.spanishcove.com for daily updates. The website also contains helpful YouTube videos.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9